This is a general TODO list for the crossfire project. As brainstormed by Rednaxela, and techolous on irc.
Development TODO List
This page contains a list of things that are being worked on, or may be implemented in the future. And a place to discuss in depth how a particular feature or change will be implemented.
An other place to check out would be the sf.net tracker.
Dump information about large projects and ideas here.
To be documented:
Stuff that needs to be fixed, seriously overhauled, or improved
Completely new stuff, players will probably notice these.
- Fix the logger plugin, and possibly add more features to make it useful on small machines. It can latter be used for stuff like the News Paper
, and placing server statistics on a website.
- Allow a player to purchase land and build on it.
- A newspaper that highlights interesting events on a server (implement with a script)
- Actually show what the player is wearing, allow them to modify their appearance.
- Let players have more influence on the economy. Need fail-safes to prevent runaway inflation (smart npc shops), etc. (will probably need more players to make this work…)
- Player-owned monsters, behave (mostly) like pets, but longer-lived.
(many of these have a server component, but they're primarily client features)
- The naming of various landmarks and features in bigworld (should it be done, or left until someone uses one area?)
- Move pupland onto the world maps
Fix up and relink Kandora
- Kandora was left out of the conversion from smallworld
. It is now one of the many residents of the unlinked
directory of maps. I think it would be nice if someone fixed up these maps, and reintegrated them into the game.
Things more related to the internals of the game, that players won't ususaly notice.
Updated map sending protocol
- New method to send map information to the client. Could allow for more layers, and move more animation to the client side to save bandwith.
- Make NPCs smarter (memory, track conversation instead of just matching a phrase)
Things that someone should look at and simplify.
- stuff currently in the game that seems to effect balance, and probably should be discussed
- Go through the maps and take care of broken mechanisms and aesthetics. Also simplify and convert old hacks if they are obsolete.
Server code Cleanup
- Find, and fix redundant and unused code. Simplify other things.
Interesting half-baked ideas.
Ship War Arena
- Arena fight, but with with ships. Need some way for transports to have their own ranged attacks.
Links to the TODO lists of various people working on this project.